Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Did I Marry the Right Person?

Recently, I read a very good article. ‘Did I marry the right person?’

This is a very good question, especially after I have argued with my hubby. I always ask myself, “Did I marry the right person?”

After reading this article, I realized that “The key to succeeding in marriage is not finding the right person; it’s learning to love the person you found.”

In the article, it said that falling in love is easy, but after a few years of marriage, the excitement of love fades. It’s the natural cycle of every relationship. As you and your spouse reflect on the excitement of the love you once had, you may begin to desire that experience with someone else. This is when marriages breakdown. I totally agreed of this!

Sustaining love is not a passive or spontaneous experience. It will never just happen to you.

That means we can’t ‘find’ lasting love. We have to ‘make’ it day in and day out. This must take time, effort and energy. And most importantly, we have to know What To Do to make our marriage work.

For those people who are married, take this as your guideline to improve your marriage and relationship. For those people who are still single, you may learn something from here. Please remember this always:


“God determines who walks into your life. It is up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay and who you refuse to let go.”



No comments:

Post a Comment