Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Favorite Tea House!

Today, I want to share with you my favorite tea house in Penang - Winter Warmer Cafe. Winter Warmers is located at the little corner lot next to Secret Recipe and opposite Coffee Bean in Gurney Plaza.

The reason I like this cafe is because their British style feel, the English decor of flowery table cloths, wallpapers and most of all is the lovely cup. Also, the pots of cold fruity teas and herbal teas make me fall in love with this cafe.

This is what I like, a pot of Iced Rose Tea. The quantity is more than enough for a person. Actually, it can be shared with two people. It costs RM 9.90/Pot.

Iced Rose Tea comes with this lovely glass.

My lunch, Mango Chicken with rice. I love the mango so much as it's very sweet! I also tried the Lavender salad, but it's just not my favorite, the Lavender taste is too strong for me. However, for those people who love Lavender smell then you should try it!

The service at Winter Warmer is good when there are not so many customers visit. I suggest you not go on Public Holiday. The reason I said that because it happened to me last time when I went there for high tea. It was public holiday. The service was bad, we had to wait for a long time to get our food and drink. Also, when we ordered iced / cold drink, it served with the plastic takeaway cup not the pot and the lovely glass (see my above photos). I was so disappointed about it!!!!!!!! :-(

This is the Rose green tea, when you order the tea in hot, it will serve with this British style flowery cup. They also have other variety cups which are available for customers to buy.

I think this is a good place to hang out with friends or family.:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment