Saturday, October 25, 2008

Make up Foundation

Girls, just want to share with you my favorite liquid foundations, and how to make a natural look. I've used many brands of foundations before, but what I like most are BOBBI BROWN and GIORGIO ARMANI.

1) Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

An oil free foundation. So weightless, it redefines foundation. Its hydrating fluid glides on seamlessly with a silky texture and all-day, buildable coverage. For all skin types.

I used this foundation since 2004 when I was in the UK. It's great and match my skin tone.

2) Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation
An Long wearing, Hydrating, Oil absorbing, Antioxidant protection,and Natural,semi-matte finish foundation.For all skin types.

I've changed to use Bobbi Brown Foundation since I moved to Malaysia. The reason for this change is because finding Giorgio Armani Cosmetic shop in Malaysia is not easy. The only possible place is KL, but I am not living in KL. so I decided to have it changed. And I know Bobbi Brown is a very good and representative brand, so I tried. It's very good. I love it! By the way, One thing, if you want to make a natural look, only foundation is not enough, a make-up base must have! This will apply on your face after moisturizer and before foundation.

If you are lazy and don't want to use foundation but also want to make a natural look. No problem!!!! A Two Way Cake Powder will do for you! You should apply moisturizer and make up base first then apply the powder to your entire face with sponge. DONE! There are lots of brands and types of two way cake powders in the market nowadays, so you should choose the one that suit your skin type and tone. However, I can tell you the one I am using is CHANEL Luminous Matte Powder. I'm not going to say anything,but GOOD!:-)





1 comment:

  1. Hello Nicole,
    make up base is a light liquid that correct your skin tone. The make up base should be applied so that the make up stays on much longer and will create a good base for the foundation.
    Normally make-up Base come with UV or SPF protection, and vary shade of colour to suit your skin condition. eg. Green, Blue, Yellow and Pink.
    but it all depends on what brand you are using. some of the brands don't have the colour keys for you to choose.
    Choosing the right colour is very importance task:

    Green = suitable for Redness Skin Tone, green is very good to tone down the redness.

    Blue = suitable for Slight Redness Skin Tone, Very Fair Skin Tone, blue helps to illuminates fair skin tone and tone down slightly redness.

    Yellow = suitable for Dark and Uneven Skin Tone, yellow helps to lighten dark complexion and unified uneven skin tone.

    Pink = suitable for Dull Skin Tone, pink can lighten and illuminates dull skin tone.

    Nicole, I hope this could help you. Should you have any queries, please leave me comment. I will answer you ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete